There are lots of reasons to get involved:
- Meet your neighbours and make new friends
- Enjoy lots of free tasty fresh organic local fruit and vegetables
- Learn about trees and plants and how to look after them
- Learn how to grow your own food
- Make the park even more beautiful with blossom, flowers and crops all year round
- Enjoy some fresh air and exercise
- Provide a home for local wildlife, including our butterflies and friendly bees
- It’s free!
We already have some tools and gloves, although you would be welcome to bring your own if you prefer. We are also working with the Garden Organic Master Gardeners so if you are new to gardening our mentors will be on hand to share their knowledge, experience and passion for food growing.
There are lots of other ways that you can get involved too, even for just an hour or two each month, like helping with refreshments, organising, marketing or you may have some other talent you are willing to share to make the community garden a success?
We held an open meeting on Tuesday 8th December at the Oval Tavern, 131 Oval Rd, Croydon CR0 6BR from 7pm – 8.30pm to hear your ideas on how to take the community garden forward. But Don’t worry if you didn’t make it to the meeting, we can capture your input through this short survey, or get in touch by email, facebook or twitter if you have any questions or just want to keep in updated.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Warm Wishes from the Friends of Addiscombe Railway Park