Metropolitan Police confirmed today that a number of wards in Croydon will have to share their Sergeant without another ward’s Safer Neighbourhood Team. The Met Police stated that the number of PCSO’s and police officers in each team will not change. Addiscombe will lose its current Sergeant, Keith Lyons, and instead be overseen by Sergeant Scott Smith.
The Sergeants for the new shared supervision Wards are:
• Addiscombe and Woodside – Sergeant Scott Smith
• Ashburton and Shirley – Sergeant John Nunn
• Fairfield and Croydon Town Centre Team – Inspector Simon Ellingham
• Fieldway and Heathfield – Sergeant Amy Dawson
• Sanderstead and Selsdon – Sergeant Jerry King
What hasn’t been explained is why low crime areas in the south of the borough like Coulsdon and Purley keep their own sergeants whilst mosts of the Central Croydon SNT’s have to share. Met Police gave the following explanation for the changes but no evidence was presented to back up its assertions. “The decision over which wards should have shared Sergeants was made on operational grounds; balancing the workloads of the wards and proximity between the wards.”
To find out more about the Addiscombe Safer Neighbourhood Team please go to their page on the Met Police website.
- Addiscombe Safer Neighbourhood Team
- Charity House
311 Lower Addiscombe Road
- Main phone number: 020 8721 2473
- Contact Addiscombe SNT by Email