Actions from Friends of Addiscombe Railway Park meeting 14th May 2011

On Saturday 14th May 2011 we held our second meeting of “Friends of Addiscombe Railway Park”. At the meeting we agreed the following:

  1. New Activists: We welcomed 3 new residents to the meeting who have expressed a desire to be involved, and J was able to provide a lot of information about the park and his involvement over the years. We are keen to get members or reps from local resident associations including Blackhorse RA, Home RA, Chase RA, and the Hermitage RA.
  2. Friends Group: We agreed that we want to set up a properly constituted Friends Group. Anne B has agreed to review the constitutions given us by Meike and will a draft version for us to comment on. The Friends Group is keen that children under 16 who want to be involved should be allowed to do so, with safeguards in place. We will be working towards a late summer/early autumn first AGM of the Friends Group.
  3. Friends Action Team:  We have set up a sub-group which is to lead on doing some practical work, alongside the council, such as litter picking and clearing dumped items. J and E have been doing this for along time now and others in the group have volunteered to help with this. First day of action will be litter picking on Friday 3rd June, starting at 1.30pm at Dalmally Passage. We will check with Alison & Meike to see if we can get more litter pickers and gloves. This is being held in half term so we hope we will get parents and their children to join in.
  4. Park’s Improvement Team: On Sunday June 5th 2011 at 2.00pm, starting at Dalmally Passage, E will be leading a group to pull together a comprehensive list of issues which will become part of our improvement plan for the Park.
  5. Working with Council and Contractors: It was agreed that Sean would try and arrange a site meeting with Council officers and park’s contractors to review the issues identified by E and his team. Aim to have meeting toward the end of June.
  6. Information from Croydon Council: Sean will request copies of the specification and programme of works contractors deliver in the park. This will aid the improvement team in their work.
  7. Community Engagement: All agreed that it was important that each member promotes the Friends Group to build up numbers over the next few months. Sean agreed to produce some flyers, to circulate to the group. Anne Br agreed to laminate some and we are to get agreement from the Council to put these up at the entrances to the park. We will also hand some out at the Addiscombe Carnival on Sunday 29th May 2011 at Ashburton Park. Plus we can do this at local School Fairs, with the correct agreements.
  8. Social Media/Web strategy: Sean agreed to send details of the website belong to Friends of Westow Park. http://friendsofwestowpark.ning.com/
  9. Exec Group members needed for September: Sean  indicated that in line with recommended practise that lead officers on the Friends Group should not be local councillors, though he will take an active role in the group. Group need to identified people to take on these formal roles from the AGM.
  10. Next Meeting of Group will be Saturday 2nd July 2011 at 2.00pm at Baptist Church, Morland Road

If anyone is interested in joining this group please email us on info@addiscombe.info email address or leave a message on 020 8819 5597

About Sean

Councillor for Addiscombe Ward, 1994-2006, re-elected in May 2010 along with Mark Watson and Patricia Hay-Justice. Since May 2014 Chair of Scrutiny. Lives locally in Addiscombe.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply